Windows 7 - Now I know why I prefer Linux
Monday, May 18, 2009 4:20:10 PM
1) No live system - meaning: you can't browse the web, play games or do whatever you like while the system installs
2) No monitor resolution detection - seriously, what did I buy a huge LCD for when everything looks blurry because the installer is too stupid to figure out the currect resolution and uses something that looks like 1024x768 (actually, it looks a lot more like 800x600). BTW: this works nicely in eg. ubuntu and every other modern distro I've tried.
3) The disk partitioning utility - seriously, you can't do anything with it, esp. not if you are used to the comfort of tools like gparted and so on
4) the time it takes to extract everything - while I wrote this here the "extracting files" crawled from 60% to 90%. seriously, in that time a friend of mine formated his laptop with ubuntu -.-
5) The Message "the computer will be restarted multiple times during installation" - what year do we have? 1995?
hope this does not get worse after the fiele extraction (in 5 minutes or so)