SVN "admin" script part 1
Sunday, December 12, 2010 11:32:35 PM
What the script currently does:
- Runs on PHP
- Show a dialogue where you can put the desired svn repository name, the real project name (for Trac) and a list of people whom trac should make admins.
- On submit the script simply runs some commands to create the repository, commit the initial directory structure and init trac.
- Shows the command line output of that in a really ugly fashion
What the script does not do (yet):
- any authentication (brainstorming on this)
- Check for mistakes (eg. if the repository already exists)
- User management (have to write "frontend")
- after creation show the path to the created repo & trac project (as this script is only for me atm: who cares, I know the base path and apache gives me a list of repositories from there)
svn runs through apache with webdav and tries to auth from a htpasswd file. However to make this script work I disabled authentication from localhost (else the initial folder commit would need a uname/passwd ... maybe I could use this in next version as some sort of authentication, but not today).
Trac runs with tracd as I couldn't figure out for the life of it how to get it also working with apache back then (and since then I didn't care enough to do anything in that direction).
So, without further ado, here is the current state of the script ... I know it's not really pretty but it gets the job done (and hell I'm rusty in php ... and also that language is a real pain in the a** - esp. compared to python - sadly I don't have any exp how website development with python works ... yet)