- Opera developer tools as sidebar/panel -- To the contrary, Opera's dev console is alright, but obviously there are some features missing.Mainly things like script debugging, and not being able to keep it working for the active tab. I hope Kestrel has the Developer tools as a sidebar (hopefully an editable one, so things like pagerank etc can be implemented without any fuss.)
- To make Opera's customizations more "modular" than it already is -- Having something like this would allow opera to build a more extension like format that'd compete with firefox.
- Auto-update manager for opera and its plugins. -- This is a must for usability, first of all, it'd be easier to upgrade, it could reduce server load on Opera server if they were patches. And plugins would be more easier to handle and install.
- Inline spell checking -- This would make it easier to spell check documents etc than the current solution which is right click "check spelling" which takes more time plus in windows and linux at least you need to download and install a spell checker library.
- Allow small transparent html buttons on toolbars -- Things like pagerank would be implementable in a toolbar if combined with userjs to have pagerank and other features.
Other things which are probably not too important to me..
[*] Allow right click in special menu's like bookmarks and addresses in menus -- This should improve bookmark usability which the other browsers already have.
[*] Add more familiar buttons to a section in the buttons tab called "Common buttons" so newbies to opera can find their familiar buttons of other browsers quickly and easily.
[*] Make Set Preference command faster-- as it can be really slow with a load of tabs open or lots of widgets in cache.
Who have I to tag? Here's who I'm tagging.
Haavard K. Moen
Hallvord R. M. Steen