Created on Saturday, 4. December 2010.
Jebel Hafeet (Arabic: جبل حفيت) (variously translated Jabal, Jabel and Jebal) is a mountain primarily in the United Arab Emirates on the outskirts of Al Ain in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. The mountain actually straddles part of the border with Oman. The mountain rises 1249 meters and offers an impressive view over the city. Jebel Hafeet was a well-known landmark throughout the area's history and is a contemporary tourist attraction. An extensive natural cave system winds through Jebel Hafeet.
At the foothills of Jabal Hafeet lies the Green Mubazarrah, a well developed tourist attraction. At the Green Mubazarrah, hot-water springs gush forth in little streams and form a lake. Swimming pools and jacuzzis are scattered all over the Green Mubazarrah. Jebel Hafeet is also home to a wide range of animals including bats, foxes, snakes, etc.
It is often incorrectly labelled U.A.E.'s highest mountain (as it is certainly the most well-known); this honor actually belongs to an unnamed ca 1,910 m knoll just across the border from Jebel Bil Ays in Oman. Jabal Yibir is the U.A.E.'s highest named peak.
The Jebel Hafeet Mountain Road extends for 7.3 mi (11.7 km) up the mountain, rising 4,000 ft (1,219 m). With 21 corners and three lanes (two climbing and one descending), the immaculate road was called the greatest driving road in the world by Edmunds.com. The road scales the mountain and ends at a parking lot with only a hotel and a palace belonging to the country's rulers. Part of the climax of the Bollywood film RACE was shot on the Jabel Hafeet mountain.
The road was built by Strabag International of Cologne, Germany.
Jebel Hafeet Road is the challenge for cyclists who frequently come over to train. The Jebel Hafeet Mercure Challenge is an annual road cycling competition taking place somewhere in January. National and international riders take part in climbing the 8% average ascent of the mountain.
On top of the mountain, there is a radar station and a Mercure-Hotel.
29 views | 2 comments
25 views | 2 comments
- Teesri Jang-e-Azeem or Dajjal
- Dajjal ( Kon, Kahan, Kab ? )
- Hazrat Niamat Ullah Shah Wali (R.A.) Predictions and Miscellaneous Predictions
- Ziarat-e- Makkah & Madina ( K.S.A.)
- Sultan Ahmed Masjid (Blue Masjid)
- Aircraft Detection Before The Invention Of Radar
- Funny Faces
- Sharjah Maritime Museum
- Jebel Hafeet
- Dubai Desert Safari
- Large Mosques
- in " Abu Dhabi "UAE
- Kalash ( Pakistan )
- Sheikh Zayed Mosque
- Al Bidyah Mosque
- In " Fujairah UAE"
- Burj Khalifa Dubai
- Pakistan Currency Notes & Coins
- Bike wallpapers
- Cars Wallpapers
- Land Rover Wallpapers
- Global Village 2010 Dubai
- Haris Afridi
- Walid Afridi
- Yasir Afridi
- Great Pakhtuns (Pathan)
- My City Peshawar in Old Days
- Zabeel Park Dubai
- Dubai Museum
- Al-Ain Zoo
- Al-Ain National Museum
- Libra Zodiac Sign
- My Old Pictures
- Mumzar & Jumeira Beach Dubai U.A.E.
- in " Dubai & Sharja U.A.E> "
- Trip To " Al-Ain U.A.E. "
- Peaks and Mountains in Pakistan
- Pakistan currency Note
- Horse Wallpapers
- " Lakes " in Pakistan
- Let's Go To " GILGIT" Land Of Peaks and Lakes
- Visit To Kabul, Afghanistan
- Pakistan Beautiful Valley " SWAT"
- My Native Village " Tirah"
- My Son Asim Afridi and Sohail Afridi
- Peshawar ,My People,My Culture, My City
- Visit to Kala DHaka (Pakistan)
- in Hong Kong
- In Japan
- In Thailand
- Some Wallpapers
- Visit to Kaghan and Naran Pakistan
- Visit to Murree Pakistan
- Visit to Malaysia