Money - Where it's being sucked up in your insurance.
Monday, June 17, 2013 4:29:25 PM
In car insurance, we are all well aware that poor driving records leads to high premiums. This applies to short term car insurance too. We all love our money so we try and avoid that as much as possible. However, what we also know is that, we can make a couple of mistakes, collect a couple of tickets, drive recklessly for a bit before we actually get penalised. But, its a long list, and its very hard to keep in mind. So now here is a list, gathered by insurance.com to help you see, crystal clear which are the most costly mistake.
1. Reckless driving: 22 percent
2. Driving while under the influence: first offense: 19 percent
3. Driving without a license or permit: 18 percent
4. Careless driving: 16 percent
5. Speeding 30 m.p.h. over the limit: 15 percent
6. Failure to stop: 15 percent
7. Improper turn: 14 percent
8. Improper passing: 14 percent
9. Following too close/tailgating: 13 percent
10. Speeding 15 to 29 m.p.h. over limit: 12 percent
11. Speeding 1 to 14 m.p.h. over limit: 11 percent
12. Failure to yield: 9 percent
13. No car insurance: 6 percent
14. Seat-belt infractions: 3 percent
For more specific results, head on over to insurance.com to calculate the actual figures with details such as age, state, marital status and the length of commitment you've had with the company.