Monday, May 21, 2012 12:00:00 PM
Here is a list of elements you must check before installing SPIP 3.0 :
- php : it's version must be greater than 5.1.0
- Some hosting companies enable use to choose between PHP4 and PHP5. This can be done in their account management and sometimes within .htaccess files.
This is the case for OVH Shared hosting. You must add into .htacess this line: "
SetEnv PHP_VER 5_3"
register_globals must also be disabled.
These values are defined in
php.ini and can generally be changed either in the hosting account management, or into
- classic version: with the code "
php_flag register_globals off" and "
php_flag safe_mode off"
- OVH Shared hosting (and maybe others): use this code "
SetEnv REGISTER_GLOBALS 0" (safe mode is already off)
- the sqlite module of PHP must be activated: the backup files are now the result of a sqlite dump
For more details with the OVH Shared hosting, refer to this page : http://help.ovh.co.uk/ConfigPhp
Sunday, May 20, 2012 12:32:40 AM
SPIP 3.0 has been released.
Here is a list of changes you will love :
- a new loop "DATA" has been introduced : you can now use any data which can be iterated, such as yaml, xml, yql queries, etc. The web is your database !
- the core is reduced as much as possible : every editorial functionalities are now developed separately in plugins,
- SPIP can now create specialized distributions : that's the case with Mediaspip that allows you to create and manage media-sharing platforms,
- the Framework has been improved and the back-office has been rewritten to use it. Because it's made of templates you can debug and customize it easily.
- the workflow isn't reduced to editorial elements : you can add any object into your back-office. The links between objects have been abstracted : you should really test it !
- the back-office can be declined into different themes
- a specific effort have been done to improve the translation process of the add-ons
- the sqlite support has been improved. When it's available it's used for the backups and it's proposed as the default database format during the installation.
- the safety screen is installed by default
- several new filters, criteria and tags help you create better templates and plugins
- a companion helps you during the first steps into the backoffice
- the editor now takes into account the simple return : you don't have to use the '_ ' shorthcut now.
- and a lot more..
Important ! With this new major version, SPIP abandons the support of PHP 4, and requires at least PHP 5.1.0 !
What is your feedback ?