1. Dress to Impress. Be sure to look your best. First impressions are never forgotten. There’s never a second chance to make a first impression.
2. Do not go to a movie on the first introduction, or you will have no opportunity to get to know each other.
3. Do Not meet in a coddee shop on your lunch break. I recommend the first introduction be for dinner, preferable early on Saturday evening, in a quiet, romantic restaurant, where you will be relaxed and have plenty of time to get to know each other. It is also a good idea for the woman to select the restaurant.
4. On the first introduction, avoid subjects not related to the two of you - such as world hunger. Men - DO NOT talk about your ex-wife. Women - DO NOT talk about your last date or relationship.
5. On your first date, show your best side, with light conversation and a sense of humor. Don’t be grouchy. If your date is a doctor, DO NOT discuss your medical problems. If your date is a lawyer, DO NOT ask for legal advice. If your date is a psychiatrist, DO NOT talk about your emotional hang-ups.
6. On your first date, do not talk about premature subjects, such as marriage, future children or whether the wife will work after the wedding. Avoid these topics and work out the chemistry first.
7. If there is no chemistry on the first meeting, end the date on a positive note. Don’t be rude or walk out. Maybe this person has a friend who is exactly right for you. It has happened!
8. If you both decide to have a second meeting, the woman should not become over anxious if he doesn’t call immediately following the first date. Although the man must make the initial telephone contact, it is now permissible for the woman to call the man, leave a friendly message on his machine or write a short note letting him know how much you enjoyed your evening together.
9. If you’re undecided after the first date, DON’T rush into a decision. Think about it for a week or so before calling me.
10. If you do decide on a second meeting, make this an entirely different kind of event where you will see each other in a new light. Choose a casual afternoon outing, such as a stroll on the beach, bicycle ride or picnic by the lake, where you can wear comfortable clothing.
11. On the third date, you are on your own. I suggest the woman allow the man to suggest a cultural or entertainment event, where it be an art exhibition, museum, ballet, opera or rock concert.
12. NEVER give your introduction’s phone number to any other person. Phone numbers are confidential. If you wish to hear the feedback from your introduction, I will be honest with you. But do not call this person and complain about the feedback given - i.e., “How dare you say I am overweight,” etc.
13. And by all means, DO NOT HAVE SEX ON YOUR FIRST DATE! I am a marriage broker, not a dating service!
Orly Hadida, aka Orly the Matchmaker is the world's priciest matchmaker according to the Guinness Book of World Records.