Monday, June 24, 2013 8:45:20 AM
Opera 15YouWatch and Opera 15
First thinks first: YouWatch will come to Opera 15, but: there is no date yet.
Because Opera 15 has a completely different technology, converting YouWatch was not possible, because YouWatch is more complex then the average extension. Therefore I decided to rewrite YouWatch completely, but this takes time. I hope that I have a running version (not with all features, but the core things should work) when Opera 15 hits final. Sure, it will not have all features yet, but better a slim version of YouWatch than no version.Upgrade to Opera 15
There is one little problem about upgrading from Opera 12 to Opera 15: The data. Extension data will NOT
be upgraded. Meaning, all data will be lost. BUT
: I work hard to bring a backup feature to the current Opera 12 version of YouWatch, which saves your data on my server and than gets the data again when the Opera 15 version is installed. The data will be encrypted, meaning that I do not
see which videos you watched and to which channel you are subscribed.YouWatch and Opera 12
YouWatch for Opera 12 is not dead. After bringing the backup solution to Opera 12 and bringing the new version to Opera 15 (the core functions), I will implement all features and bring YouWatch to BOTH
Opera versions. Opera 12 gets the same version as Opera 15 and will get updates in the future too. But the Opera 12 update only will arrive when I have implemented all functionality of the "old" Opera 12 YouWatch version. The "old" version runs fine and there is no need to reduce the functionality.
Wednesday, November 28, 2012 2:13:27 PM
Social Stats Social stats? Whats that.
- Fixed many bugs
- New: Social Stats - Compare yourself against other YouWatch users
- New: Options for Subscription Update Timing and Hiding empty Subscriptions
- New: Better design of Subscription Button on Channel Pages
- New: Grouping of Subscription videos at the View
- New: Subscribe to Favorites by YouTube User (see Documentation)
- New: Progress tracking of videos
- New: Supporting new YouTube Design
- Change: Marked watched Videos have now a text above the thumbnail
- Removed: YouTube removed video tags
- Removed: Usage statistics collecting (2 Month are over, thank you)
In short, with YouWatch you can now compete against other YouWatch users in battles like:
- Do I watch more videos per day than the others?
- When I am starting watching videos, do I also watch more than one video in a row? How about others, do they watch videos in a row?
- How is my video watching depending on weekdays? Do I watch more videos at the weekend?
- And at what hours do I look videos? More in the evening or night, or in the mornings or through the day?
- And how good I am in watching videos through? Do I watch them through or give up in the middle?
These and more questions can be answered in the social stats, and in a competive way, against the community.How do YouWatch gets the data?
From you. The data is collected in a aggregated and anonymized way, no private data or information will ever leave your computer. Please read the data privacy article at this blog to get a better understanding which data are send.Data Privacy for the social statsVersion 4.2.1 & 4.2.2
Bugfixes for new YouTube design.Version 4.2.3
- Fixes for new YouTube design
- Some adjustments to social statsVersion 4.2.4
- Support new Channel Page
- Speeddial Fix
- Some Design Fixes