YouWatch - Update 4.1
Wednesday, June 6, 2012 3:36:36 PM
In short the biggest changes:
- Added: Subscribe to Playlists
- Change: Mini Video Representation has now like/dislike when hover, duration
- Change: Restyled similar videos. Has now published date.
- Change: Debug mode moved to expert options and displays message when activated. Do not use debug mode in daily use.
- Change: Indication when video is watched changed to bolding "Watched" link, instead of "Watched" appendix of video title
- Bug: Fixed startup bugs, mainly on channel pages.
- Bug: Fixed some subscription bugs
- Bug: Fixed localization in some cases
- Bug: Fixed HTML5 Player pause and play events
- Bug: Fixed Search bug for non ascci characters
- Performance Improvements and new expert option to profile the extension (when debug mode is on)
- Database Editor in expert options. Handle with care and backup database before editing.
- Added indices to database for certain cols
- Video informations are now added/updated as bulk in one transaction
- The filter now does not try to hide videos in YouWatch lists
This version added sending of usage informations. For developing features in the near future, I need more information how YouWatch is used, and therefor I need some informations. The collection and sending process is transparent and no private informations are send. Below you see the detailed list of things YouWatch will send. It seems big, but it's just written detailed. Only aggregated informations are send.
- widget-id (as identifier)
- widget-version (for better statistics when new functions come in new versions)
- opera version (for identifying which new technologies can be used)
- preferences (what functions of YouWatch are used, which parameters)
- database counts (to know how much data is handled by YouWatch, for maybe a sync feature in the future) / only the counts, no actual data!
> of watched and ignored videos
> of data for videoinfo (the information about videos, count how many they are = how big is database)
> of subs (both channels and playlists)
> of subs (only channels)
> of subs (only playlists)
- stats about the time of viewing (needed for the calculation of traffic and server power for the coming sync feature)
> for every hour (0 - 23), there are 2 data values
> mean count of watched videos in a row at this time of day (with a standard deviation)
> mean duration of the block, watched videos in a row, with a maximal pause of 10 minutes between videos (and a standard deviation)
The usage statistics are send every week.
Statistics are collected over a period of 2 months, starting with the publication of version 4.1 of YouWatch.
No personal information are send. Only general statistic numbers, calculated from the data, and preferences are send.
YouTube did change their front page again, this update fixes the problems with this change from YouTube.