Thursday, June 14, 2012 7:03:03 AM
Bữa giờ làm bánh ngọt nhiều rồi, giờ mình chuyển sang làm bánh mì cho nó bớt ngọt hen hihi....Với lại hiện tại Trang đang học làm bánh mì ở trường, bữa giờ học được nhiều loại bánh mì từ nhiều nước trên thế giới thích lắm! Và cơ bản nhất là bánh mì Baguette của Pháp này nè, lean dough, ko có dùng chất béo hay sữa gì hết, chỉ với 4 nguyên liệu cơ bản: Bột bánh mì (bread flour) hay ở VN còn gọi là bột mì số 11 vì có chứa 11% - 12% protein, Nước (water), Men tươi (Fresh Yeast), và muối (salt).
Công thức Trang viết lại y chang những gì đã học ở trường, bằng tiếng Anh. Chị em làng O chắc ai cũng biết làm bánh mì Baguette rồi nên Trang lười ko dịch sang tiếng Việt hihi....
Recipe for French Baguette:
* Bread Flour : 32 oz
* Water: 21.2 oz
* Fresh Yeast: 1.2 oz (or 0.6 oz Active Dry yeast, or 0.4 oz. SAF Yeast)
* Salt: 0.64 oz
Direction: (One day method - Direct Method)
1) Measure all the ingredients correctly. DDT so that the dough temperature is 75 degree Fahrenheit
2) Mix yest with water and stir to dissolve (yeast may not dissolve completely)
3) In a large bowl, add salt to flour, stir by hand to combine them thoroughly.
4) Pour yeast-water mixture to the center of the flour-salt. Use bowl scrapper to mix the liquid and the dry ingredients together until forming dough.
5) Transfer dough onto table/work station surface/bench lightly dusted with flour. Knead dough until everything come together but still sticky. Dust more flour underneath the dough. Cover dough by the bowl and let it rest for 5 minutes (autolyse rest)
6) After 5 minutes, take the bowl out and continue kneading dough, using a bench scrapper first if dough is still sticky, then by your hands until dough is not sticky and you can perform a membrane test (your stretch the dough little by little and the dough is not tearing apart)
7) Spray the bowl and transfer dough to the bowl, cover with plastic wrap and put it in the proof box to ferment for 30 minutes, or your can just let the dough ferment at room temperature for 45 minutes.
8) Take dough out and start folding / punching to de-gas. Then cover and put dough back to the proof box for another 30 minutes
9) After 30 mintues, take dough out and do the second folding / punching. Then cover dough and let dough ferment in the proof box for another 30 minutes.
10) Cut dough out into 13-oz pieces, and start rounding / preforming, seam size up, spray, cover with plastic wrap and put dough back to proof box for another 15-20 minutes to relax the gluten
11) Final shaping the dough, roll each piece out to be as long as the baguette pan, spray pan and put dough on, seam size down
12) Proof final-shaped dough in the proof box for another 20-30 minutes to maintain good shape.
13) Slashing dough with a razor or pairing knife (5 slashes for each baguette)
14) Bake baguette dough in deck oven at 500 degree F, 6 minutes vent, or 440 degree F in rotating oven, 2 minute 10 seconds steam. After the steam, continue to bake for another 15-20 minutes in deck oven, or 18 minutes in rotating oven
15) Take bread out, cool down completing before cutting or slicing. And the best thing to do next is enjoying it with butter. Yum yum!!!
PLUS this French Baguette makes the 57th in my photo gallery on foodgawker.com. Check it out:
To view my entire gallery on this site, click on the link below: