White Palace Cake for His 1st Day at Work
Tuesday, June 7, 2011 7:35:30 AM
Whipped Cream Cake with White Chocolate Ring and Frosting
These pictures were taken at the Patio of our new apartment in Mountain View
The color of our new apt. is mostly White. That's why I named the cake "White Palace" to celebrate our new apt. and his first day at work too
Half past midnight.....Need some sleep now....Gonna post the recipe tomorrow then. G9 everyone
....So as I promise...this is the whipped cream cake recipe:
Adapted from "The Modern Baker" by Nick Malgieri and altered to fit my taste
Makes one 9-inch (23cm) 2-layer cake, about 12 servings
Whipped Cream Cake Batter:
2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1 cup sugar, divided into 1/4 and 3/4
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 large eggs
White chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 8-oz pack of low fat cream cheese,at room temperature
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
3 ounces of white chocolate, melted
1. Set a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350F or 180C
2. For the cake batter, combine the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl and stir well to mix.
3. Put the cream and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk by hand until thickened and stiff. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time. Whisk in the remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Whisk in the flour mixture in 3 separate additions, altering with the milk, whisking smooth after each addition.
4. Divide the batter between the 2 prepared pans and smooth the tops. Bake the layers until they are well risen, deep golden, and firm int he center when pressed with a fingertip, 30 to 35 minutes.
5. Cool the layers in the pans on rack for 5 minutes, unmold them, and cool them right side up on the racks
6. While the layers are baking, prepare the White chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting as following:
Beat the cream cheese with melted white chocolate in a large bowl at low-medium speed to combine
7. Whip the heavy cream until stiff peak forms. Then add the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture, Fold gently to mix. Refrigerate the cream cheese frosting until apply to the cool cake.
I love this colorful but cute ribbon!
I melted another 8 ounces of whtie chocolate. Then I line the inside of an 8" spring form pan with parchment paper and use a brush the brush part of the melted white chocolate over whole inside of the spring form (except the bottom). Then refrigerate to harden the chocolate. Take it out and repeat with the remaining melted chocolate to have a slightly thick and strong chocolate ring.
After I'm done with the ring, I lay 1 cake layer to the bottom of the spring form, followed by 1 thick layer of fruit and frosting. Then I apply another layer of cake on the frosting, followed by the remaining cream and put on fruit on the top. Done!
From the top down...The photo looks a bit ugly >.<
Love this cake! It gonna be his breakfast tomorrow.