(Magyarul: Csináld magad! - Hordozható Opera kedvenc beállításaiddal)
I haven't to say, that it's very useful, if we can use the Opera anywhere. There ara sites, where we can download versions of portable Opera. But these programs haven't get our own preferences and extensions. Can we do anything to do that?
Yes! It's there a solution for this problem. This way we can compile our Opera instance with our favorite preferences into an EXE-file.
It can get almost everything: Skin, Bookmark, Addons, Contentfilter file, Toolbar, Shortcuts, Menus, etc... (Exception is only the M2 mailer because of its dynamism and widgets, because they are installed out of Opera) But every otheer things we can pack into one EXE-file.
For this purpose we have to download the Evalazer (freeware) program
. With this program we can compile any program into one runnable EXE-file. It's an additional advantage, that this EXE-file will run in a virtual sandbox
(compiled into the EXE-file), so the environment of the portable program will be cleared after the exit of the program. So we can securely run the portable program,
and we won't leave damage on the host computer.
Next I will write the way to make portable Opera file with our favorites. It's important, that the desired Opera instance must be installed with the Stand-alone installition (USB) option
, because the installed instance has to be in one directory. Next the steps:
1. We have to install OPera, and tune up for our expections. (Assume we installed Opera into the x:\OperaPortable directory!)
2. The whole x:\OperaPortable dierctory do we save! Before saving it's worth to delete the cache content, the unnecessary packages from locale directory and the vps directory. (It will give a smaller EXE-file)
3. Delete the installed x:\OperaPortable directory. (This is necessary, that the Evalazer can recognize the whole directory as difference.)
4. Start the Evalazer.
5. Push the Capture Settings! Set the Application Name=OperaPortable, Capture Path=C:\Capture. (Both parameter can be different from these names)
6. Push the PreScan! (It will scan the actual environment of the Windows.)
7. Do not push the Run Setup, because we have the installed content as saved. Copy back the saved content of the previously installed content into the x:\ directory. So we can get back the original x:\OperaPortable structure.
8. Push PostScan! It will recognize the differences since the PreScan. Now this difference will be the whole x:\OperaPortable directory with subdirectries.
9. Push Build Settings! It will come a list with the runnable opera.exe and any other (irrelevant) runnable file(s) from the x:\OperaPortable. Check in the opera.exe Checkbox!
10. Push Create Application! It will appear in the any subdirectory of the C:\Capture directory the portable opera.exe EXE-file.
(If we want to compile a overinstalled instance of Opera, so we haven't to launch the 1.step!)
And we can use this portable Opera anywhere!(And here is an Opera-demo Attention, maybe it starts slowly!