Fix it: Issue with KB2647753 being offered to install over and over again
Tuesday, August 14, 2012 7:49:03 PM
There is an issue with KB2647753 and Windows Update. Update KB2647753 is being offered to update over and over again. When you install updates and reboot and then recheck for updates, you will see the patch for KB2647753 presented. Installing it (again and again) will not make it go away. Each time it will claim to have been successful.
Rest assured that it is not your PC as there are four threads on the Microsoft run Microsoft Answers forum. There are currently two solutions to the problem:
Solution 1: Hiding the UpdateTo hide the update:
- Load up Windows Update. Then click on the text 1 Important update available.
- Right click Update KB2647753 and then left click "hide update" as shown: Yes I know a different update is shown but the same steps applies
Solution 2: Fixing the update manually by uninstalling it and re-installing itThere are many ways to do this. The fastest way is shown first:
- Go to start and type in "view install." Click on view installed updates.
- In the search bar type in "kb2647753."
- Double click on it. A window would pop up asking if you want to uninstall the update. Click yes. Wait for the process to complete and reboot as prompted.
- Go to http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=2647753 and download the full installer for this patch - make sure you get the right version for your OS including x86 versus x64.
- Run that installer, let it complete, and reboot the PC as prompted.
- To check the problem, run Windows Update and force a check for updates by clicking on "check for updates" as shown. The repeat offender should now be gone.